Make simple cereals more nutrient-dense by adding cocoa, coconut, nuts and seeds, and cinnamon.
Oats, millet, sorghum are a good cereal option because they have a low glycemic load, which means they digest slowing and don’t spike blood sugar levels.
- Cocao is an antioxidant and support good mood.
- Coconut are are a good plant-base source of fat.
- Nuts add protein, and the seeds add extra minerals.
- Cinnamon also helps to support blood sugar levels.
- 250g rolled oats
- 2tbs ground almonds and mixed seeds
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp cocao or cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Collagen
- 1 tsp Plant Protein
Soak one cup of rolled oats
Add 2 tbs of ground almonds & mixed seeds,
Add 2 tbs of dedicated coconut,
Add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon,
Cover with filtered water and soak overnight in the fridge. This allows grains to cook quicker and makes it easier to digest. Cook for 5 min in the morning. Add the collagen and plant protein and a little honey for sweetness.