We have a wonderful family GP (Dr. G. Lindeque) who is so kind in sharing his wife’s healthy recipes with all his patients.
This onion soup is a great source of vitamin C and I make it regularly for my family during Winter. Most vitamin C supplements are acid-forming this soup helps provide non-acid vitamin C for the body.
- 500 grams of spring onions or white onions.
- 4 cups of distilled/ purified water.
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- Chop onions or blend into 4 cups of distilled or purified water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer till onions appear transparent.
- Strain off the onion pulp and save the liquid.
- Add a little more water to dilute to the desired consistency, but don’t add more that one liter.