I enjoy a slice of toast with my breakfast or with vegetable soup but I have an intolerance to gluten so I generally avoid bread, pasta, oats, barley, and rye. These foods tend to make me feel tired and bloated.
So, I decided to start making my own gluten-free bread.
I found this wonderful Paleo bread recipe from Jennifer McGruther and it turned out to be deliciously nutty and wholesome.
- One and a half cups of Almond flour
- 1/4 Flaxseed flour
- 1tbs Flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- Whisk the eggs
- Add them to the almond flour, flaxseed flour, flaxseeds, baking soda, salt, and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well and scoop into a bread bin lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 175C for +- 45 minutes.
- Check the center to make sure the bread is cooked.
- Slice and keep in the fridge for a week.